Account Contact corresponds to login credentials for accessing HostPilot® Control Panel. Contacts are assigned one or more roles, which determine what sections of HostPilot they have access to, as well as the technical support options available to that contact.
To manage the account contacts, login to HostPilot and navigate to Account > Account Contacts.
Note: you can access Account Contacts section only if you have Contact Manager role.
There are two types of Account Contacts:
- Owner: contact is created when the account is set up. This contact always has all roles assigned to it. To delete this contact, ownership must be changed first.
- Standard: contacts are created via HostPilot and can be assigned different role.
To access the settings, click the contact's display name. Each contact includes the following settings:
- contact information such as name, phone, email address and password to log in to HostPilot.
Note: alternate Email Address field is used to receive email notifications about server maintenance or global issues that may affect your account. This email address cannot be used as a login to HostPilot.
- each account contact has 3 security questions. Questions can be selected from the dropdown. When an account contact calls Intermedia Support, our representative will ask you to provide an answer to one of the security questions.
- standard contacts can be assigned one or more of the following roles. If you have Organizational Units on your account, you can have Account Contact only manage specific OU.
- Contact Manager: this role allows modifying contact details and resetting passwords for themselves and others using HostPilot (Account > Account Contacts). This role can be assigned in combination with any of the other roles to allow someone to administer the contacts on your account.
Note: Contact Manager role does not allow to make changes to the Account Owner.
- Billing Manager: this role gives access to all the items under Account in HostPilot EXCEPT managing Account Contacts and Security Policies. Access includes plan and pricing details.
- Security Manager: this role gives access to security-related options, such as Password Policies, IP-Based Access and Two-factor authentication for Account Contacts, and the ability to manage other Account Contacts.
Note: Security Manager role does not allow to make changes to the Account Owner.
- Technical Administrator: this role gives the contact access to the Users and Services areas of the HostPilot. You can select some services that will be available for Technical Administrator to manage and restrict access to other services.
Note: all Account Contacts have access to the Audit Log and can export its results to CSV.
Note: to delete users, administrator should have Technical Administrator role assigned with access to Exchange as well as other services enabled for particular users.
- settings for notifications that are sent to an account contact.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Account Contact Notifications for more information.
Note: any change made to Account Contact settings (including notification preferences) except Name and Job Title fields will result in email notification being sent to account contacts email address if Security notifications are enabled for this Account contact.