Problem: My email message is not deleted after email reconciliation.
After synchronizing the BlackBerry® device, email messages deleted on the BlackBerry device are not deleted from the Microsoft® Outlook® Inbox. Similarly, email messages deleted from the Outlook Inbox are not deleted on the BlackBerry device.
This occurs when the Delete On option on the BlackBerry device is set to Handheld. As a result, email messages deleted on the BlackBerry device will not be deleted in the Outlook Inbox during email reconciliation.
Resolution: Change the "Delete On" option to "Mailbox & Handheld".
- On the BlackBerry device Home screen, select Messages.
- Display the menu and select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Highlight the Delete On option.
- Display the menu and select Change Option.
- Click Mailbox & Handheld.
Note: If the Delete On option is already set to Mailbox & Handheld, change it to Handheld. Save the settings, then change it back to Mailbox & Handheld. Save the settings again.