General steps for setting up an email account on an iPhone
To set up an email account on your iPhone:
- Enable ActiveSync on the mailbox. Read the Knowledge Base article on How do I activate ActiveSync service for the user? for instructions.
- Find your particular settings (Username, Exchange domain, Server address). The correct account information can be found in HostPilot® Control Panel under Services > Mailboxes > Mobile > ActiveSync or in My Services > ActiveSync.
- Add the Exchange account on your iPhone, following the instructions below.
- You can configure more than one Exchange account per device for iOS 4.0 and higher. Only one Exchange account can be configured for older iOS versions.
- By default, the communication between the iOS device and Exchange Server is secure, using 128-bit SSL encryption and X.509 certificates.
Adding an Exchange account on the iOS device:
- For iOS 11: Go To Settings >Accounts & Passwords > Add Account
For iOS 10: Go to Settings > Mail > Account > Add Account.
For iOS 9 and lower: Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars > Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the full email address in the Email field and your mailbox password in the Password field, then tap Next.
- The device will try to configure the Exchange server address automatically. If the server address can’t be determined, you will be asked to enter it.
Server name: Your Exchange Proxy server name. You can find the server name in HostPilot under Services > Mailboxes > Mobile > ActiveSync page or in My Services > ActiveSync.
There are two sets of settings that can be used for Domain and Username fields:
- Domain: Leave it blank
Username: specify the full email address
- ActiveSync domain and username that can be found in Control Panel under Services > Mailboxes > Mobile > ActiveSync page or in My Services > ActiveSync.
- Domain: Leave it blank
- The device offers to immediately sync with the Exchange server. If you choose not to sync at this time, you can turn on
calendarand contact syncing later in Settings > Mail > Account, select your account.
For iOS 9 and lower: Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars, select your account.
- By default, Exchange ActiveSync pushes new data to your device as it arrives on the server. If you prefer to fetch new data on a schedule or to only pull new data manually, go to Settings > Fetch New Data to change the settings.
- To change how many
day’s worthof data is synced to your device, go to Settings > Mail > Account, select your account. The default setting is three days.
- To complete the setup process, tap Save and wait for the iPhone to test your incoming and outgoing
Please note that not all Exchange features are supported (for example, folder management).