This article is an overview of a Number Porting Letter of Authorization (LOA) Wizard which allows you to submit the necessary paperwork to start your Number Porting request, track the request status and provide additional information.
How to find Number Porting Service Wizard
For Voice Services 1.0
Login to HostPilot> Services> Hosted PBX> General tab> Number Porting Service.
For Voice Services 2.0:
Login to HostPilot> Services> Voice Services> Numbers&Extensions> Number Porting Service.
For Intermedia Unite:
Login to HostPilot> Services>Voice Services> Phone Numbers> Port Existing Numbers
For SIP Trunking:
Login to HostPilot> Services> Voice Services> Locations> Number Porting Service.
Creating New Porting Request
- Click Add Request button (when applicable, if this is your first request, you may be taken straight to the wizard).
- Choose which type of number(s) you would like to port: local or toll-free.
Note: Submit requests for local and toll-free number porting separately. If you are porting numbers from multiple accounts, submit each request separately. For local port orders, identify the timeframe in which you will be ready for your numbers to port. We will submit your porting order requesting the next available date from your current service provider, using your preferred porting timeframe as a guide. Leave comments if needed.
- Enter the number(s) to port. As noted, do not combine local and toll-free numbers on the same order and do not combine numbers from different accounts.
- Provide us with your current billing account information for the numbers you wish to port.
Bill-To-Number(BTN): Check your current bill to see if a bill-to-number is listed, often it is part of your account number. It may, also, be your main phone number and/or the phone number that is used as your account reference when you contact your current service provider for help. If you do not know your BTN or you are unable to locate it on your bill, contact your current service provider to determine the correct BTN BEFORE submitting your port order through the Number Service Porting Wizard or by using our pen-and-ink LOA forms. The BTN should be a 10 digit phone number.
PIN (Local number port only): This is a pin that you have with your current provider. This is an optional field. Leave blank if you do not have a pin. If you leave this field blank and you do have a pin it can delay the porting process.
Street: This is the service address with your current provider.
NOTE: this is NOT your account information for your services with us.
We suggest getting a recent copy of your phone bill from your current service provider for the numbers you are porting - use that as the reference in entering the information.
For orders to port local numbers: show the service address your current provider has on file.
For orders to port toll-free numbers: show the billing address on file with your current provider.
In both cases, the authorizing person must be listed as an authorized owner or administrator for these numbers with your current provider. If you are submitting this on behalf of an end-user whom has already provided you with
a LOA, please fill this in with the information they have provided.
NOTE: you are then required per FCC regulations to keep your end user's LOA on file and available for reference.
- Upload a copy of a pen and ink signed LOA form by the authorized user, recent phone bill, and/or other documents for your numbers here. The pen and ink signed LOA form and recent phone bill are REQUIRED for toll-free number ports. While this is not required for local number ports, it will help us if your current service provider requires additional information on your port order.
Blank LOA forms can be downloaded here: Local LOA and Toll-free LOA.
- Read the Terms and submit a request by clicking Submit Request button.
- You may want to review generated LOA or return to the Number Porting Status Page.
The porting team will review the submitted request and let you know what information should be changed/added in the porting order through Footprints case, so you should receive updates via your contact email address.
Consider monitoring your contact mailbox periodically.
Additional information about Number Porting Service
The status page shows you the list of all number porting requests with the following statuses:
- Completed: We have successfully ported the number(s) to our network. Check to make sure that they are routing as you wish, then contact your previous service provider to cancel any numbers/services you no longer need from them.
- In Progress: We currently have all
necessaryinformation from you and are working on your port order. We have/are submitting it to our carrier and your current service provider. We have/will provide an Estimated Porting Date based on the timeframe you requested and soonest date available from your current service provider. If all information you submitted matches the information currently on file with your service provider, we will provide you a Confirmed Porting Date. Please check this status everfew days for any updates. If we require additional information, we will provide detailed instructions in an email from the associated Footprints case.
- Waiting for you: We need some additional information from you.
- If you had not previously submitted a Letter of Authorization (LOA) for these numbers, please start the LOA Wizard by pressing the "Revise LOA" button.
- If you had already submitted the LOA for these numbers and we notified you of an issue from the associated Footprints case, first review the instructions in that case.
If we instructed you to submit a new LOA then press Revise LOA to enter to the Edit Mode.
- In both cases, start the LOA wizard and follow the steps to submit your LOA.
- Canceled: Indicates that your order to port the numbers shown has been canceled. You may have contacted us to cancel it or we have had to cancel it because we have not received from you the necessary information to proceed.
- Scheduled: We have received a firm commitment date from your current phone company to port the numbers. This means that port order is now final and confirmed; any changes/cancellations made after this will incur charges.
This page also shows:
- the Footprints case number, which you can provide to support representative. We will be sending emails with this case number in the subject field in which you can find further information and instructions.
- Number(s) to port.
- Estimated Porting Date - this is the date we have requested to port with your current service provider based on the dates they have available, the timeframe you indicated to us, and the nature of your port order and current services. This is not yet confirmed. Any changes to your port order will require your order to start over again, usually with a new estimated porting date.
- Confirmed Porting Date - this date has been confirmed with your current service provider; we will
portyour numbers on this date. Any changes to your port order including the request to change this date may incur charges.