This article has the instructions on adding a second mailbox to your existing Exchange profile in Outlook 2010/2013/2016. This way you will be able to access both mailboxes at the same time and run them both in Cached Mode.
Note: The other way to add an additional mailbox is to enable Full Access permissions for it and open it in your Outlook. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Add Someone Else's Mailbox To My Exchange Outlook Profile?.
Adding a mailbox to your profile in Outlook 2010/2013/2016:
- Close Outlook.
- Go to your Outlook mail settings from Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
If you cannot find the Mail icon in Control Panel, please try the following: On the left side of Control Panel, select Classic View.
If you still don't see Mail, look for it under Show 32-bit Control Panel Items.
- Double-click on your Exchange profile and then click Email Accounts.
- Select your profile name and click New:
- On the Auto Account Setup page, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next.
- On the Choose Service page, select Microsoft Exchange or compatible service and click Next:
- On the Service Settings page:
-Specify the Server FQDN as Exchange server name (you can find it in HostPilot® Control Panel or My Services on the Get Started > Advanced Settings page).
-Type the Exchange Mailbox Username (email address).
-For the Offline use option, make sure that Use Cached Exchange Mode is selected.
-Click the More Settings button and click the Connection tab.
-In Outlook 2013 you can specify the time period for which email items will be kept offline.
- Select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP option and click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
-Specify Exchange proxy settings.
-Type the URL for your proxy server in the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field. You can find the correct URL in HostPilot > Get Started > Advanced Settings.
-Make sure that both the options On fast networks and On slow networks are checked.
-In the Proxy authentication settings box, choose Basic Authentication.
- If you want to have Outlook save your password, read the Knowledge Base article on How do I save my Outlook Password? for more information.
- Click OK, then Apply, then OK to return to the Add New Account window. Click Check Name. If you have set everything up properly, you will see a window requesting authentication.
- Enter the complete primary email address as the username, and enter the password for the mailbox. If you have entered the username and password correctly, the username will now be underlined, and the entry in the Microsoft Exchange Server field will also be underlined.
- Click Next, then Finish, then OK to save changes.
- Click Close > Close > OK.
- Start your Outlook and enter the credentials for the additional Mailbox. When Outlook starts you will see it under your first profile.