ActiveSync devices can overload Exchange Client Access Servers from time to time. Ih these cases Intermedia can disable ActiveSync service for a user whose device is causing the issue. The account administrator receives notification like the following:
'Our systems administrators have disabled ActiveSync for firstname.lastname@example.org because an Android device synchronizing with the mailbox is causing performance issues on one of our front end servers. Please delete the Exchange account from the device then contact us to enable ActiveSync before setting it up again.'
Only Intermedia administrators can enable the ActiveSync service back after the user does the following:
- Removes an Exchange account from the device:
- iPhone users: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > click on Exchange account > click Delete Account.
- Android users: Email > click Menu button > choose Accounts > tap and hold the Exchange account > Choose Remove.
- Clean Deleted Items and Junk Email folders.
- Move the data from top-level folders to subfolders.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Recommended number of items in a folder on Exchange for more information.
After the account administrator confirms that the above steps were completed, he can contact Intermedia support to enable the ActiveSync service.