This article explains how to synchronize Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Document Library with Outlook 2007/2010/2013.
- You need to enable the Offline Synchronization for External Lists option, which is disabled by default and deactivate the Minimal Download Strategy option, which is enabled by default. To do this SharePoint site owner needs to login to SharePoint site and navigate to Settings > Site Settings > Manage site features. Click Activate next to Offline Synchronization for External Lists. Click Deactivate next to Minimal Download Strategy, and confirm the warning about deactivation.
- While you can add to, edit or delete items in Contacts, Tasks or Calendar, you can only edit items in the Documents Library. It is not possible to add or remove documents from the SharePoint Document Library via Outlook 2007/2010/2013.
- Prior to connecting SharePoint Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Document Library to Outlook 2007/2010/2013, we recommend that you configure a Microsoft Exchange account in Outlook 2007/2010/2013 for the user.
- Make sure that the user is granted sufficient access permissions to SharePoint Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Document Library.
To add SharePoint 2013 Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Document Library to Outlook 2007/2010/2013:
- In your web browser, open the SharePoint folder that you would like to connect to Outlook.
- Choose List and then click Connect to Outlook in the Connect & Export section:
- When prompted to connect the SharePoint list to Outlook, click Yes.
- In Outlook 2007/2010/2013, the list is added under a top-level folder called SharePoint Lists.
You will also see your SharePoint contacts in the Navigation Pane under Other Contacts in Contacts section. The same applies to Calendar or Tasks.