It is not yet possible to configure BlackBerry OS 10 devices to connect to BlackBerry Enterprise Servers, you may use ActiveSync to connect. This article describes the process of connecting BlackBerry OS 10 device to your Exchange mailbox via ActiveSync. We do not support BES 10 connectivity at this time.
BlackBerry Enterprise Service is not needed to connect in such cases. ActiveSync service must be enabled for your mailbox in order for the device to connect successfully. Read the Knowledge Base article How Do I Enable ActiveSync Service For A User?
- Tap Settings on your Home Screen.
- Choose Accounts.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced(two lines with circles on them, see screenshot).
- Choose Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync.
- Type in your full email address.
- Type in the settings. If you've just enabled ActiveSync, the user is going to receive a notification email with all the settings. Otherwise, follow the instructions below.
- Description:any descriptive name of your email account
- Domain:leave this field blank *
- Username:full email address of your Exchange mailbox *
* OR use Domain and
User Namefrom the ActiveSync page:
- Administrators:HostPilot® Control Panel > Home > ActiveSync
- Users:My Services > ActiveSync
- Email address:Primary email address of your Exchange mailbox
- Password:Exchange mailbox password
- Server Address:to find out the correct server address:
- Administrators:HostPilot® Control Panel > Home > ActiveSync > Server Name
- Users:My Services > ActiveSync > Server Name
- SSLand Push: on
- VPN: off
- Sync timeframe should be set to maximum possible value.
- Choose folders to synchronize with the device.
Note:Contacts subfolders all show up in one list on BlackBerry 10 devices.
- If you wish to set the configured mailbox as default tap Set Defaults.