You can access your SecuriSync® content via SecuriSync Web. There are several ways to navigate there:
- Use the SecuriSync app in the system tray (you will be single-signed on, without having to enter credentials again)
- At Customer Login Page clicking on SecuriSync icon on For users tab
- From the SecuriSync Login page: https://securisync.intermedia.net/Web
- Internet Explorer (10 and higher)
- Mozilla FireFox
SecuriSync Web General Overview:
You can view and manage the content of the following synchronized top-level folders in SecuriSync Web:
- My SecuriSync
Note: All folders but My SecuriSync are empty if you have not enabled backup & sync of these folders on the Desktop app. Read the Knowledge Base article on SecuriSync: Backup Policy (End-Users Guide) for more information.
You can also view detailed folder properties information including: owner, location, content size (both live and deleted), versions total size, amount of items (both live and deleted), created date, shared with, user’s permissions. To view folder properties, right-click on the folder > click Properties.
Following options are available in SecuriSync Web page:
- Help & Downloads:
downloadSecuriSync clients and explore user guides
- Outlook Attachments: install Outlook plugin and view attachments uploaded through it
- Activity feed: check activity feed for add/update/delete events for your files and folders
You can manage SecuriSync Web view by using sort and filter options:
- Sort by Name,
Dateand Size is available
- Click Followed to filter only folders you are following
- Click Deleted items to show files and folders that were deleted but can still be restored. Deleted items show up in gray.
- Click Quarantined files to view infected files. You may mark files as ok or delete them.
Along with managing existing files and folders, you can also upload new files and create new folders. Upload and download progress bar are available:
To view the details, click on the arrow button.
Note: files and folders can be uploaded using
- folder upload using
Drag'n'dropmechanism is supported only in Chrome at the moment
- files cannot be uploaded into shared folders with View permissions using Drag'n'Drop
- IE9 is not supported
Note: if you Cancel upload from the notification during the upload of multiple files:
- files uploaded before cancellation will be uploaded
- a file being uploaded during cancellation and all files after it in the queue will be removed from the queue
Downloaded files are saved to the browser Downloads folder.
You can perform the following actions with files and folders shared with you:
- folders: manage collaborators, follow folder updates, leave folder share
- files: download files, view and restore previous versions, lock files for editing, delete files (if you have enough permissions)