Current SecuriSync® version supports Office and Outlook Plugins which allows it to interact with files created/opened in Outlook and Office.
Read the Knowledge Base article on SecuriSync: Outlook Plugin for more information.
Right-click SecuriSync icon in the system tray > Settings > select the Enable Microsoft Office Plugin checkbox:
Office will need to be restarted for the plugin to be activated.
Note: Desktop client has to be running.
- SecuriSync files can be opened by navigating to File > Open > SecuriSync.
- For new files or files that are not located in SecuriSync, the plugin provides a highly visible Save to SecuriSync option:
Alternatively, a file can be saved by navigating to File > Save As > Securisync.
- SecuriSync files can be shared with co-workers and external collaborators by navigating to File > Share > SecuriSync.
- For files located in SecuriSync, the plugin will provide valuable context in the toggle-able panel, including:
- File location in SecuriSync; ability to quickly copy/paste file location into an email to collaborators
- File Size + Access Permissions
- Ability to Share a file as a web link
- Ability to lock a file for exclusive editing rights (to make sure no-one is making changes at the same time as you)
- View and Open past versions of a file
Read the Knowledge Base article on SecuriSync: Co-Authoring In The Office Plugin for more information.
Note: in Office 2019, SecuriSync plugin might appear as invisible, or open in a separate window. To resolve the issue, open any Office application and navigate to Options > General and make sure Optimize for best appearance option is selected.