Users are individual service accounts that can be individually tailored to the needs of your employees.
Adding Voice Services to a User grants access to additional services and options like the ability to add and use up to 5 VoIP devices, assign a direct dial phone number and extension, access to their own personal voice mail, and a number of additional features packed in the service.
In this article we will cover the following topics:
- Navigate to the Users page and click the Create User button.
- When setting up the user information, make sure you select the Hosted PBX checkbox in the Services list to enable Voice Services for the new user.
- Enter the user's Name, E-mail address, and create or generate a Password.
- Adjust the e-mail address in Send Password,
- Click Create.
- The user will be created and you will be returned to the user list.
Note: User will receive a separate welcome email with login instructions, temporary Voicemail PIN, and all other useful information on the address you have specified in Email address field.
Note: You must Activate Voice Services on the user before they are able to use any Voice Services features or use any devices you assign to them; activation occurs when you assign a Phone Number to the user.
Note: The recommended limit for Intermedia Unite user creation is 50 users per batch
- Navigate to the Users page and click the Create User
- Alternatively, you can go to Voice Services > General > Manage Users > Create User
- Click on import multiple users from TXT, CSV files.
- Choose if you wish to import from TXT or CSV from the drop-down menu.
- Download and fill the template for the chosen file type. You can download the template for the CSV file here. Then you can click Choose file to upload the filled template. CSV file must have Column headers.
- Check the services you wish to add for these users. If you wish to enable Intermedia Unite, select Cloud PBX, SecuriSync and Intermedia AnyMeeting checkboxes individually
- Existing items switch allows you to choose what you should do with users from the file that already exists on the account. Skip option would ignore these users. Update option should be used to update Active Directory properties for the existing users.
- Once you've uploaded the files, press Proceed.
- On the Preview List of Users page, you would be able to preview the list of the users and make changes if necessary. The tool would validate all users in the file. You will see errors for the users that did not pass validation, and these users will be unselected. You can update these users and re-select them from this page.
- You can also specify the email address users' passwords would be sent to.
- There would be a separate email for each user.
- If you selected Intermedia Unite earlier, users would also receive Welcome to Intermedia Unite email with the Voicemail PIN to their email addresses.
- The Charge Confirmation page would give you the summary of the number of users created and the billing changes.
- The Results page shows which users were created successfully. If the user was not created for some reason, you would see the error message. You can check the reason for creation failure in the Account > Audit Log section of the HostPilot.
You can go to Voice Services > General> Manage users to start working on assigning numbers, devices and modifying extensions for the created users.
Note: The first two columns (Display Name and Email Address) of the CSV template are mandatory, the others are optional and would update corresponding fields from the Active Directory on our end.
Important Note: The TXT file should not contain any headers. It can have the Display Name and Email address fields only.
For TXT File, the format should be the following:
Display Name [SPACE] Email address [LINE BREAK]
[repeat for each user]
Note: Numbers would not be assigned to users during this step. Users would be created with the Main Company Address Location. Each of them would be assigned one of the available extensions. You can later assign numbers and change the users' Location from the Manage Users (Voice Services > General tab > Manage users) page.
Note: You must active Voice Services on the user before they are able to use any Voice Services features or use any devices you assign to them; activation occurs when you assign a Phone Number to the user.
You can manage additional parameters of the User that you have created.
Navigate to Users and click on the user's name you wish to manage.
Click on the User Info tab to adjust general user configurations:
- Change the user's Name.
- Adjust their E-mail Address.
- Reset Password for their user account.
- Edit the
usersPassword Settings; allow them to change their own password.
- Add detailed User Info, like First/Last name, alternate e-mail addresses, cell number, department, and other information.
- Set User Permissions.
- Read the following Knowledge Base Article for further information: Managing User Permissions
- Disable the User.
Note: When disabled, users won't be able to use any Voice Services features or devices. The data will remain on the server indefinitely and can be accessed again by re-enabling the user.
Click on the Hosted PBX tab to adjust Voice Services configurations:
- Change the Extension.
- Change or add a Phone Number.
- A phone number MUST be
assisgnedto activate the user.
- A phone number MUST be
- Adjust the Call timeout for voicemail.
- Set Find me Follow Me settings
- Read the following Knowledge Base Article for further information: How Do I Set up Find Me, Follow Me on Intermedia Unite?
- Adjust the Outbound caller ID.
- Change the user's Location.
- Change the user's
- Disable Voice Services.
Note: Disabling Voice Services will stop any billing going forward, for this User, and automatically
- Change the Voicemail to
- Update the
- Change the voicemail PIN
- Enable/Disable Auto deletion of voicemail after 90 days.
- Enable/Disable Voicemail Transcription.
- Enable/Disable E-mail notification, which allows additional options:
- Enable/Disable Include voicemail transcription
- Enable/Disable Include voicemail file
- Enable/Disable Delete voicemails on server
- Assign new devices.
- View current devices assigned and Edit or Unassign the device.
Note: Users can have up to 5 devices assigned to them, at any time; if you do not see the Assign New button, check the
Read the following Knowledge Base Article for further information: How To Activate Existing Devices