Using the Receptionist Group Feature on Intermedia Unite
Auto attendants have a built-in Business Hours and After Hours menu. Although for most situations, this is plenty, it is also beneficial to have other group options based on time of day.
This is where the Receptionist Group option comes into play. When creating a receptionist group, this will occur in front of the auto attendant itself, during its active hours.
For example, if your business hours on your auto attendant are normally from
1. Navigate to Voice Services > Auto Attendants > add a receptionist group by clicking on the link next to your Auto Attendant of choice.
2. Set the following:
- Group name: The name of this group, for use when looking for it on your web portal.
- Display Name: The name that shows up to you when receiving a caller through this group (e.g.- Display name Test will show up when you receive a call
- Ring Time: The amount of time this group will ring before ending.
- Schedule Type: Set Weekdays, Custom, or 24x7 for this, depending on what you need.
- Setup: Timeframe that this group will occur. Set a beginning an end, such as
Once finished, click Next.
3. Click Add User
Select any users you would like to add. Click Create Receptionist group.
Now Your Receptionist group has been created, and you can edit it as needed. You may enable, or disable, this group at will.
As the images show, this will consume an extension number, so be mindful of what that is for your own record keeping purposes.
The prime advantage of a receptionist group is to have the simple ring-in function to ring multiple phones at one time. For example, if you just want your phones to ring, you can set all the phones in the receptionist group to ring for 30 seconds and then it will go to voicemail set at the auto attendant that occurs afterward.