This article explains Presence statuses and describes how presence functionality works for different versions of Intermedia Unite application.
Presence features within Intermedia Unite help to indicate which of co-workers are available for collaboration and communication.
Your presence status is displayed near the Settings (gear icon).
Depending on the type, presence statuses could be changed manually or automatically:
|Available||Automatically or Manually: This status indicates that a user is available to chat or talk on the phone|
|Away||Automatically: when a user locks their computer or we detect no activity on the desktop for 10 min|
|Busy||Manually: when a user wants to indicate to others that they are busy and may not respond right away|
Automatically: when a user’s desktop goes offline
Automatically: when a user is on a call
Users can manually toggle their presence:
- On iOS:
- Navigate to My Account (gear icon)
- Click on Status to change presence status
- On Android:
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon)
- Click on
- Tap Status to change presence status
Chat and Presence availability across different client versions
Currently, the Intermedia Unite application has two versions 1.X.X and 2.X.X. The chat functionality is not implemented to the 1.X.X version, however, the users who have 1.X.X installed are visible to ones who utilize the 2.X.X version.
Bellow, the Intermedia Unite behavior is described:
- Users who have Intermedia Unite 1.X.X app installed and run can be displayed as Available when online
- Users who have Intermedia Unite 2.X.X app will see such 1.X.X Users as available and may wish to start chatting
- Important: users with Intermedia Unite 1.X.X app will not receive chat messages, however, they will receive e-mail notifications (if they were not online when chat message was sent to them).
Note: As the users with Intermedia Unite 1.X.X can’t respond to any chat messages sent to them, the users with the Intermedia Unite 2.X.X installed can complain that their messages are being delivered but they never receive any responses. The best available workaround – upgrade to Desktop 2.X.X version or Mobile 2.X.X version to access chat messages.