This article applies to Web Hosting and Custom Email accounts only. Exchange customers need to refer to the Knowledge Base article on How To Configure Outlook 2007/2010/2013 To Connect To A POP/IMAP Mailbox?
This article explains mail how to setup Outlook 2007/2010/2013 to work with a POP/IMAP mailbox. To configure Outlook:
- In Windows go to Start > Control Panel > Mail.
- If you cannot locate the Mail icon within Windows Control Panel, try the following steps:
- To the left of the Windows Control Panel, but in the same window, select Classic View.
- If Mail still does not appear as an individual icon, look for it under Show 32-bit Control Panel Items.
- Your Name: Display Name of the user.
- Account Type: Choose POP3 or IMAP.
- Incoming/Outgoing mail server: please use server name from HostPilot® Control Panel > Mail Server > Mail Server Settings > General Information > Mail Server Name.
- User Name: Full email address of mailbox.
- Password: Mailbox password.
Opt. 1: Encrypted Connection (SSL):
- Incoming Server (POP3): 995.
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993.
- This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box should be checked.
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465 or 587.
- Use the following type of Encrypted connection (for Outgoing Server): SSL.
Opt. 2: Encrypted Connection (TLS):
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 143 (for POP protocol Outlook supports SSL encryption only)
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 25 or 1025 (preferred).