When synchronizing your Palm handheld device, you may get an error message that looks like this:
(0006)HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized Content-Length:83 Content-Type:text/html Server:Microsoft IIS/6.0
Cause: Password is incorrect.
If you've entered the wrong password for your Exchange ActiveSync account in VersaMail, your smartphone may reset when you attempt to sync your email.
Solution: Correct your password.
To correct your password:
- On your smartphone, launch VersaMail.
- Press Menu.
- From the Accounts menu, select Account Setup.
- Highlight the Exchange ActiveSync account that's causing the reset, and select Edit.
- Select Next, then Next again, until you see the page where you can enter your username and password.
- Click on the Password box.
- Press Menu. From the Edit menu, choose Select All.
- Enter your password and select OK.
- Back out of the setup screens: select Next, and Next again, and Next again until you can select Done, then OK. You should be back in the VersaMail Inbox.
- Select the Sync button to attempt to retrieve your email.