This feature availability depends on your plan.
MessageMirror is the name for the archiving available via HostPilot® Control Panel on Exchange platforms.
Recommended steps for using MessageMirror:
1. Install MessageMirror. To do this, log in to HostPilot and navigate to Services > Compliance > MessageMirror > Install MessageMirror.
Once installed, administrators (not users) will receive an email notification and a special mailbox will be created on the server. Copies of users' messages will be forwarded to this mailbox according to the settings you will set. The mailbox will not appear in the Global Address List and no one will be able to send messages to this mailbox.
2. Manage MessageMirror disk space. You can purchase additional disk space by choosing the number of GB in the drop-down menu and saving the changes.
Read the Knowledge Base article on MessageMirror Mailbox Has Reached Its Storage Limit. What Do I Do? for more information on disk space.
3. Choose what type of messages you would like to archive:
- All messages: sent and received by selected users are archived
- External messages only: messages sent to/from users outside of your organization are archived
- Internal messages only: messages sent and received within your organization are archived
To make the change move the radio button for Archiving Includes and click Save Changes.
4. Choose which mailboxes you would like to be archived. By default all mailboxes are archived.
To manage the list of mailboxes that are set to be archived, click the link Manage mailboxes on the MessageMirror page or navigate to Services > Mailboxes. To select mailboxes you want to exclude from archiving, clear the checkbox next to the name in the MessageMirror column and click Proceed in hthe bottom of the page. Note: Users will not receive notifications that their mailboxes are mirrored.
5. Assign permissions for users who will have access to the MessageMirror mailbox.
To view the list of users who have access to the archive navigate to Services > Email Compliance > MessageMirror > Permissions. To grant access click the Add Mailboxes button. In the Address Book window select user(s) from the list (you can use search to find them) > check the box(es) next to user(s) > click Select. User will show up in the list on the Permissions tab for MessageMirror.
To exclude user from access list check the box next to user and click the Exclude from List button.
6. View MessageMirror content.
Note: to add the MessageMirror mailbox to your mail client, you need to unhide it from the address book. To do this, go to: HostPilot > Services > Compliance > MessageMirror > Settings.
Do not forget to hide the MessageMirror mailbox from the address book again, after you have added it to your mail client.
Now a user with access permissions can open the MessageMirror mailbox in his or her Outlook profile or Outlook Web App, using MessageMirror as the name of the mailbox. In Outlook 2010 MessageMirror mailbox will show up automatically. For more information about how to open a mailbox in other mail clients, read the following Knowledge Base articles:
How Do I Add Someone Else's Mailbox To My Outlook Profile?
How Do I Open Another User's Mailbox In OWA 2007?
How Do I Open Another User's Mailbox In OWA 2010?
If you are a Mac user, follow these steps to view the MessageMirror mailbox in Entourage:
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Exchange tab on the right.
- Select your Exchange account, then click Edit or double-click the account name.
- Click the Delegate tab.
- Click the Add button under Users I am a delegate for.
- In the search box, type MessageMirror and click OK.