Account Contact corresponds to login credentials for accessing HostPilot® Control Panel. Contacts are assigned one or more roles, which determine what sections of HostPilot they have access to, as well as the technical support options available to that contact.
To manage the account contacts, login to HostPilot and navigate to Account > Account Contacts.
Note: you can access Account Contacts section only if you have Contact Manager role.
There are three types of Account Contacts:
- Owner: contact is created when the account is set up. This contact always has all roles assigned to it. To delete this contact, ownership must be changed first.
- Standard: contacts are created via HostPilot and can be assigned a different role.
- Shared: contact that can manage several HostPilot accounts via one login. Refer to our Knowledge Base article Shared Account Contacts for more information.
To access the settings, click the contact's display name. Each contact includes the following settings:
Note: Account administrators cannot view Contact settings for shared account contacts. They are available only for the contacts themselves. The settings are available via any account where it is shared.
- contact information such as name, phone, email address and password to log into HostPilot.
Account administrators cannot change general information for shared account contacts. It is available only for the contacts themselves. The option is available via any account where it is shared.
Note: alternate Email Address field is used to receive email notifications about server maintenance or global issues that may affect your account. This email address cannot be used as a login to HostPilot.
- each account contact has 3 security questions. Questions can be selected from the dropdown. When an account contact calls Intermedia Support, our representative will ask you to provide an answer to one of the security questions.
Note: Account administrators cannot view Security questions for shared account contacts. They are available only for the contacts themselves. The questions are available via any account where it is shared.
- standard contacts can be assigned one or more of the following roles. If you have Organizational Units on your account, you can have Account Contact only manage specific OU.
- Contact Manager: this role allows modifying contact details and resetting passwords for themselves and others using HostPilot (Account > Account Contacts). This role can be assigned in combination with any of the other roles to allow someone to administer the contacts on your account.
- Billing Manager: this role gives access to all the items under Account in HostPilot EXCEPT managing other Account Contacts. Access includes plan and pricing details.
- Security Manager: this role gives access to security-related options, such as Password Policies, IP-Based Access and Event Log.
- Technical Administrator: this role gives the contact access to all areas of the HostPilot EXCEPT those under Account. You can select some services that will be available for Technical Administrator to manage and restrict access to other services.
Note: to delete users,
- settings for notifications that are sent to an account contact.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Account Contact Notifications for more information.
Note: any change made to Account Contact settings (including notification preferences) except Name and Job Title fields will result in email notification being sent to account contacts email address if Security notifications are enabled for this Account contact.