The iOS device will not sync email or displays an error saying that it cannot connect to server.
This could be an issue with a corrupt item in your mailbox. On an ActiveSync device, you would receive the error code: 0x86000108
You can resolve this by setting the iOS device to sync all items in the Inbox and/or Calendar, depending where the corrupt item is.
To set the Inbox to sync all items:
- On the iOS device, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Select your account.
- Select Mail Days to sync > No Limit.
- In order to prevent synchronization issues Intermedia does not recommend to use Mail Days to sync > No Limit if there are more than 3000 items in the inbox. For more information please refer to the article: Recommended Number Of Items In A Folder On Exchange.
- for iOS9 and lower on the iOS device, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > select your account.
To set the Calendar to sync all items:
- On the iOS device, go to Settings > Calendars.
- Select Sync > All Events.
Note: for iOS9 and lower on the iOS device, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > scroll to the bottom and select Calendar