Intermedia offers two types of archiving services:
- Basic archiving (MessageMirror): Allows you to back up all messages sent and received by Exchange users. A user with certain access permissions can always access the archive mailbox to view or delete messages from the archive. This article provides an overview of the Basic Archiving service on Exchange 2003 plans. If you are on an Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 plan, please refer to the article MessageMirror In Exchange 2007/2010.
Compliant archiving: This service allows you to archive all messages in accordance with legal requirements. If you subscribe to Compliant Archiving, you sign an agreement with an archiving provider. Only the archiving provider will have access to the archive mailbox. For more information, see the article Compliant Archiving Overview.
Basic archiving permits you to archive all incoming and outgoing messages of all account users. Once this option is selected, messages are saved to an archive mailbox according to the sorting method, retention policy, and other parameters that you set in HostPilot. The archive mailbox will be added as part of the aggregate disk space included with each account.
Once message archiving is enabled in HostPilot > Email Compliance > Basic Email Archiving, you will be able to manage the following settings:
1. Sorting method. You may sort messages by email address or by day. The folder structure of the archive mailbox will change in accordance with this setting.
2. Content retention. Use this setting to control the amount of space occupied by the archive folder. You may specify whether messages in the archive should be deleted automatically or never deleted. You may also refer to the article MessageMirror Mailbox Has Reached Its Storage Limit. What Do I Do? for more information.
3. Message view. Envelope Journaling captures not only the body of the message, but also the To and From addresses, as well as any addresses that may have been sent BCC.
To view the archive folder, the user must have permissions to access the folder. You can grant permission in HostPilot > Email Compliance > Basic Email Archiving. You may grant access permissions to users by selecting the ADDRESS BOOK button in the Read-Only Access Permissions section.
After you make any changes to the archive folder settings and permissions, click the Save Changes button and then Ok.
Users with read-only access to the archive can view archived messages using an email client.
- Outlook users, please follow instructions in How Do I Add Someone Else's Mailbox To My Exchange Outlook Profile? to add a mailbox (you need to add the archive mailbox so you can view its contents).
- Mac users, please use the following steps to view the archive mailbox in Entourage:
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Exchange tab on the right.
- Double-click the name of your Exchange account, or select it and pick Edit.
- Click the Delegate tab.
- Click the Add button under Users I am a delegate for.
- In the search box, type the name of the archive mailbox and click OK.
The name of the archive mailbox is "accountname_arch". (Substitute "accountname" with the name of your Intermedia Exchange account.)