This feature availability depends on your plan.
MessageMirror® is an archiving service which allows you to archive users' messages. On Exchange accounts, the MessageMirror mailbox has its own storage limit. There is some disk space for the service included depending on your plan. If the MessageMirror mailbox has reached its limit, you have two options: purchase additional space, or reduce the space being used by the archive.
Additional disk space can be added in 5GB increments for an additional monthly fee. To purchase additional disk space for MessageMirror:
- Navigate to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Email Compliance > MessageMirror.
- Under the MessageMirror Disk Space bar, select the amount of disk space you would like to purchase.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: we recommend that the sum of included disk space + additional disk space is more than the amount shown in Total Usage. You can also decrease the additional disk space in the same way.
You can clean up the archive mailbox using a standard Outlook archiving tool (also available in Entourage).
- Give Full Access permissions to users who will be responsible for archiving.
- Navigate to HostPilot > Services > Email Compliance > MessageMirror.
- In Permissions tab, click Add Mailboxes to give permissions to certain users.
- Choose user(s) > click Save Changes.
- Now user(s) with access permissions can open the archive mailbox as an additional mailbox in his or her Outlook or Entourage profile. The name of the archive mailbox is MessageMirror.
For Outlook instructions, read the Knowledge Base article on How To Add Another Person's Mailbox To Your Outlook Profile.
If you are a Mac user, use the following steps to view the MessageMirror mailbox in Entourage or Outlook 2011:
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Exchange tab on the right.
- Select your Exchange account, then pick Edit or double-click the account name.
- Click the Delegate tab.
- Under Users I am a delegate for, click the Add button.
- In the Find section, type MessageMirror and click OK.
- Archive old items.
To find out how to archive messages in Outlook and Entourage, read the following Knowledge Base articles:
How Does Outlook Archiving Work?
How To Archive Mailbox Data In Outlook 2011 For Mac
Archive Or Back Up Entourage Information