Note: availability depends on your plan. If you don't see this option in HostPilot® Control Panel, it's possible to share mailbox folders using Outlook (read the Knowledge Base article on How do I share (let others see) my Outlook folders? for more information).
Send As (which allow one user to send email that appears to come from another user’s address) and Full Access (which allow one user full access to another user's mailbox) permissions can be set in HostPilot.
To set Send As (or Full Access) permissions:
- Navigate to Services > Mailboxes > Exchange mailboxes.
- Click the display name for the mailbox that you want to give permissions to send from (or to have full access to).
- Under the Exchange tab, click the Full access & Send as link.
- In the new window, add users to the access list by selecting from the address book, or enter their names and click the Check button.
- Select the appropriate option for whichever mailboxes you want to have Send As or Full Access permission for this mailbox.
- Click Save Changes in the Access Allowed For window.
How to use the Send As feature:
To start using the Send As feature, create a new message in Outlook and click the From button in the new message, which displays an address list where you can select the mailbox that you want to send from.
By default, the From field is hidden when composing messages. To show the From field:
- Click New Email > Options > From.
- In Outlook 2007 and later, it can be enabled in a new message in Options > Fields > Enable Show From.
Note: if you are receiving the You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified users error message, select the Send As address from GAL rather than type it manually. To do that:
- Click on the From field and select Other Email address
- Click From
- Make sure GAL is selected as the Address book
- Find the user in the list and click OK
Note: if you already have Send on Behalf permissions enabled, this will disable them.
Read the Knowledge Base article on How To Send Emails As A Distribution List for more information: the Send As feature works the same way for regular users granted the Send As permissions as it does for Distribution Lists.
How the Full Access feature works:
In Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Outlook 2010/2013/2016 automatically loads all mailboxes to which the user has full access after 10-15 minutes of propagation time. In other cases, the additional mailbox needs to be opened manually. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Add Someone Else's Mailbox To My Exchange Outlook Profile? for instructions.
Note: if a mailbox is hidden from GAL, it cannot be opened via any mail client.
Important: sometimes the users do not need to access all mailbox data, just some specific shared folders like Inbox, Sent Items, etc. For these cases share necessary folders using Outlook. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Share (Let Others See) My Outlook Folders (Inbox, Contact, Calendar etc.)? for instructions. And ask the user to open shared folders in Outlook. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Open Shared Folders In Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016? for instructions.