This option availability depends on your plan.
The following instructions are intended for the account administrator of your Exchange account with Intermedia. If you are a mailbox user, you will need to contact the account administrator who is in charge of your mailbox.
To set up forwarding:
- Log in to HostPilot® Control Panel and navigate to Services > Mailboxes > Exchange Mailboxes.
- Click on the display name of the mailbox you would like to forward from.
- Under the Exchange tab in the Forward mail to area:
- If there are no current forwarders, click Not Set up.
- If there is a current forwarding address, click on the email address.
- If you want to change forwarding address, click on the red X next to the current one.
- To forward mail from the Exchange mailbox to another Exchange mailbox or public folder
- To forward mail from the Exchange mailbox to one external email address
- To forward mail from the Exchange mailbox to several external (and/or internal) email addresses
- To disable forwarding
- In the new window that opens, select the contact you created above and click Save Changes. Here you can also disable the option Save copies of forwarded emails, if desired. When this option is disabled, messages are only forwarded and are not delivered to the user's mailbox.
- In the main window, click Save Changes. Click OK when prompted.
- In the new window
- If external contact is not created, click Add new contact button.
- If external contact was already created proceed to step 4.
- Create contacts for external addresses in HostPilot > Services > Company Contacts > Create New Contact.
- Create a new distribution list in Services > Distribution Lists > Create New Distribution List and add contacts to the list.
- Navigate to Services > Mailboxes > Exchange Mailboxes. Set the newly created distribution list as the forwarding address, as described in To forward mail from the Exchange mailbox to another Exchange mailbox or public folder section.
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to Services > Mailboxes > Exchange Mailboxes.
- Click the display name of the mailbox you don't want to forward from anymore.
- Click the Exchange tab.
- In the Forward mail to area click on red X next to current forwarding address.
- Confirm by clicking on Don't Forward Email when prompted.
Note: If you want email to be delivered to both addresses (Exchange mailbox and alternate recipient), select the Save copies of forwarded emails checkbox. You can think of this as Copy AND Forward. Be aware, this means that you will need to maintain the Exchange mailbox. If you do not at least arrange to delete items, your Exchange mailbox may grow very large, possibly filling up and causing email delivery to stop.