Note: managing Distribution Lists in OWA is not supported in a shared environment.
To grant distribution list management rights to users (Managed by option) that are not account contacts:
- Log in to HostPilot® Control Panel and navigate to Services > Distribution Lists.
- Click on the name of the appropriate distribution list, and click Edit distribution list info.
- Next to Managed By, click Select from Address Book and choose the user that will manage this distribution list.
- Click Save Changes.
Now the distribution list manager can modify members of the distribution list using Outlook. To modify members, the manager of this distribution list needs to:
- Open the address book in Outlook (New Email > To).
- Right-click the Distribution List > click Properties to open it for editing.
- Click the Modify Members button. Make the necessary changes and click OK > OK
Note that on the General tab of the distribution list properties window, the Owner field shows the name of the user who is assigned to manage this distribution list.
Note: managing Distribution List membership is not supported in Outlook 2011/2016 for Mac.