Installing Kentico CMS on Intermedia
- Download and install Kentico CMS on your local machine if you haven't done so yet.
- Select the .NET Framework 3.5 to be used by the application.
- Run Kentico CMS Web Installer (you can find it in "Start -> All Programs -> Kentico CMS"). Choose to install Kentico CMS on a remote (production or testing server),
- Enter the path C:\tempsite to extract the application files to.
- Finish the wizard - it only copies the files to the given folder. You do not need to have Visual Studio 2005/2008 installed.
- Copy the files from your local folder C:\tempfiles to the root of the web site using FTP. If you want to use a sub-folder, you will need to create a new virtual directory in your HostPilot under Web/FTP Server > Applications/Virtual Directories.
- Ensure that you have generated a proper License code for your domain.
- Create a new database in your HostPilot. If you have not already done this, login to HostPilot and navigate to "MS SQL Server > Databases".
- Open your web browser and navigate to your web site (or sub-folder for Kentico). You will be displayed with Database Setup Wizard.
- Go through the wizard and choose to update an existing database on your MS SQL server.
- At the end of the Database Setup Wizard, choose either to create a new web site or import your existing Kentico CMS web site.
As you setup your site, you will want to ensure you use the proper email settings. If you plan to use our services, please set your SMTP Server: scriptmail.intermedia.net.