After you install SharePoint for your Exchange account, only the Administrator's account is added to the SharePoint site by default. You need to add users to the site using the SharePoint interface so that other users can log in.
To add users to the SharePoint site associated with your Exchange 2007 account:
- Make sure that SharePoint users are listed in HostPilot® Control Panel on the Users page. If you need to create a SharePoint-only user (without an Exchange mailbox), click the Create Users button, fill in all fields and make sure that all Services boxes are not checked.
- Log in to your SharePoint site as Administrator via HostPilot > Services > SharePoint, and click the link to access your SharePoint site. The Administrator is the user that was specified during SharePoint installation.
- Click the People and Groups link in the Quick Launch or navigate to Site Actions > Site Settings and then choose People and Groups under Users and Permissions. You will see your account added to the site Owners group.
- Choose a group you would like to add users to or click the All People link.
- Click New > Add Users.
- In the Users/Groups field, type in either "Domain\Username", or the email address of the user. You can add several users at once, separated by semicolons.
- Click the Check Names icon to ensure you entered users correctly.
- Give permissions to the added users. Read the Knowledge Base article on Permission levels and permissions for more information about SharePoint permission levels.
- Choose whether to send the Welcome email to new users.
- Click Ok to create users.
- To edit user information, click the name of the user.
Now the users who have been added can log in to the site using the credentials you specified in HostPilot.