This article will guide you through Mac Mail account setup to work with your Exchange mailbox.
Note: Intermedia support options are limited for Mac Mail since there is no way to open a case with Apple.
To set up Mac Mail:
- Open Mac Mail application.
- Select Mail > Accounts.
- On the Internet Accounts page, select Exchange from the list.
- In the next window, fill out all necessary information and click Sigh In when done.
- Name: your name as you want it displayed on emails
- Email address: your Primary email address
- Password: your mailbox password
Note: if there is an Autodiscover record for your domain, the server settings will be filled in automatically and you can proceed with adding the account by clicking Done button.
If not, continue with the following instructions on connecting to the server manually.
If you would like to set up an Autodiscover record for your domain, read the Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It? for more information.
- User Name: your mailbox primary email address
- Internal URL: https://ExchangeProxySetting/EWS/Exchange.asmx
- External URL: https://ExchangeProxySetting/EWS/Exchange.asmx
Where to find ExchangeProxySetting:
Administrators can find the Exchange Proxy Setting in HostPilot® Control Panel under Home > Exchange servers and settings > Exchange Proxy Setting.
Users can find the server information in My Services. In the
clickthe link Configure Email.
You will see your Exchange account in the Mac Mail Accounts list.