General steps for setting up an email account on an iPad
To set up an email account on your iPhone:
- Enable ActiveSync on the mailbox. Read the Knowledge Base article on How do I activate ActiveSync service for the user? for instructions.
- Find your particular settings (Username, Exchange domain, Server address). The correct account information can be found in HostPilot® Control Panel under Services > Mailboxes > Mobile or in My Services > ActiveSync.
- Add the Exchange account on your iPhone, following the instructions below.
- iTunes will no longer sync contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. However, you can still sync your device wirelessly using MobileMe services.
- You can configure more than one Exchange account per device for iOS 4.0 and higher. Only one Exchange account can be configured for older iOS versions.
- By default, the communication between the iOS device and Exchange Server is secure, using 128-bit SSL encryption and X.509 certificates.
Adding an Exchange account on the iPad
The device will try to configure the Exchange server address automatically. If the server address can’t be determined, you will be asked to enter it.
After the Exchange account is successfully configured, the server’s password policies are enforced.
3. The device offers to immediately sync with the Exchange server. If you choose not to sync at this time, you can turn on calendar and contact syncing later in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note: Starting from iOS 7, it is possible to synchronize Notes.
4. To complete the setup process, tap Done and wait for the iPad to test your incoming and outgoing mail settings and connect to your mailbox.
Please note that not all Exchange features are supported. For example, the following features are not available:
- Folder management
- Opening links in email to documents stored on Sharepoint servers
- Task synchronization
- Setting an out of office autoreply message
- Creating meeting invitations
- Flagging messages for follow-up