General steps for setting up an email account on an iPad
To set up an email account on your iPhone:
- Enable ActiveSync on the mailbox. Read the Knowledge Base article on How do I activate ActiveSync service for the user? for instructions.
- Find your particular settings (Username, Exchange domain, Server address). The correct account information can be found in HostPilot® Control Panel under Services > Mailboxes > Mobile or in My Services > ActiveSync.
- Add the Exchange account on your iPhone, following the instructions below.
- iTunes will no longer sync contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. However, you can still sync your device wirelessly using MobileMe services.
- You can configure more than one Exchange account per device for iOS 4.0 and higher. Only one Exchange account can be configured for older iOS versions.
- By default, the communication between the iOS device and Exchange Server is secure, using 128-bit SSL encryption and X.509 certificates.
Adding an Exchange account on the iOS device:
- For iOS 11: Go To Settings >Accounts & Passwords > Add Account
For iOS 10: Go to Settings > Mail > Account > Add Account.
For iOS 9 and lower: Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars > Add Account.
- Enter the account information, and then tap Next. The correct account information can be found in HostPilot or My Services under Email > ActiveSync.
- Email: Enter the full email address.
- Password: The password for the Exchange account.
- Description: A descriptive title that identifies this group of settings.
The device will try to configure the Exchange server address automatically. If the server address can’t be determined, you will be asked to enter it.
- Server name: Your Exchange Proxy server name. You can find these settings in HostPilot under Services > Mailboxes > Mobile or in My Services > ActiveSync.
There are two sets of settings that can be used for Domain and Username fields:
- Domain: Leave it blank
- Username: specify the full email address
- To complete the setup process, tap Save and wait for the iPad to test your incoming and outgoing mail settings and connect to your mailbox.
The device offers to immediately sync with the Exchange server. If you choose not to sync at this time, you can turn on calendar and contact syncing later in Settings > Mail > Account, select your account.
For iOS 9 and lower: Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars, select your account.
- By default, Exchange ActiveSync pushes new data to your device as it arrives on the server. If you prefer to fetch new data on a schedule or to only pull new data manually, go to Settings > Fetch New Data to change the settings.
- To change how many day’s worth of data is synced to your device, go to Settings > Mail > Account, select your account. The default setting is three days.
Note that not all Exchange features are supported. For example, the following features are not available:
- Folder management
- Task synchronization is present under Reminders