Your end-users can view or edit some of their phone settings in My Services, on the Overview tab in the Hosted PBX section. These settings are:
- Phone number
- 911 location
- Phone device settings (name, ID, and password)
- PIN for voicemail
- Email address for receiving voicemail
- Find Me, Follow Me (turn on or off and set the forwarding number)
Read the Knowledge Base article on How Can I Manage Hosted PBX In My Services? for more information.
You can change user permissions for each setting (set default permissions for new users or defaults for all users, or set individual user permissions).
Permission levels are: full control (user can change settings), read-only access (user can view settings but not edit), or no access (user cannot view settings or change them).
By default, users have full control of some settings (911 location, voicemail PIN, voicemail email address, and Find Me, Follow Me) and read-only access to other settings (phone number, extension, and phone device settings).
To change default permissions:
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to Users > User Permissions tab.
This page displays a list of users and whether they have "default" permissions or "custom" permissions.
- Click the Default Permissions button.
- In the Hosted PBX category, select permissions for the settings listed.
- At the bottom of the list, select an option for applying the new default permissions.
- Apply only for new users: From now on, new users will be created with these default permissions. Existing users all keep their existing permissions, without changes.
- Apply for all users: These permissions will be set for all new users and for all existing users who have "default" permissions, that is, their permissions have not been customized individually. These changes will not apply to users who have custom permissions.
- Click Save Changes.
To change permissions for an individual user (set custom permissions):
- Log in to HostPilot and navigate to the Users page.
- Click the display name of the user you want to set permissions for.
This opens the Edit Selected User page.
- Click Set User Permissions.
- In the Hosted PBXcategory, select permissions for the settings listed.
- If you want the user to have "default" permissions instead, click the Reset to Default button at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to view or edit the default permissions first, click the Default Permissions button at the top of the page.
- Click Save Changes.