The OCS Calling add-on integrates the Hosted PBX service with Microsoft Office Communicator. Users can click the Call button to automatically dial a selected contact in OCS.
You may use Hosted PBX with or without OCS Calling.
If you want a user to have OCS Calling available:
- Both OCS and Hosted PBX must be enabled in the user settings. Read the Knowledge Base article on Adding users to Hosted PBX for more information.
- OCS must be installed.
Note: OCS Calling will not work if more than one phone device is set up using the same device ID (this includes SIP clients for wireless phones, softphones and IP phones). Please create a separate device ID for each phone you are using. Read the Knowledge Base article on How do I configure an IP phone? for more information.
To enable OCS calling for a user:
- Navigate to HostPilot > Users & Services > Manage Users > Hosted PBX.
- Select the OCS Calling box.
- Click Proceed at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the charges.
How to make calls using Office Communicator on your computer ("click-to-call")
To make a call:
- Find the contact name in Office Communicator (type part of the name in the search box to see a list of matches).
- Click the Call button to the right of the name.
Optionally, click the down arrow next to the call button to see a list of phone numbers for this contact, and select which number to dial.
- Your phone will ring first. Take the call and wait while it rings the other party.
To answer a call, pick up the handset on your phone.