Using Intermedia AppID groups allows the administrator to share one set of credentials with multiple users while restricting them from view by the users.
Note: groups can only be linked with the Distribution Lists, so Exchange service needs to be enabled on your plan.
- To create a new AppID group, create a Distribution List first. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Create A Distribution List In Exchange? for more information. You can also use an existing Distribution list.
- Navigate to Services > AppID > Groups:
and click Create New Group:
- In the Linked with dropdown select the name of the Distribution group to be linked with AppID group.
- Specify the dashboard settings for for all applications for the new group. Select one of the 4 settings:
- unchanged - to leave app settings in place
- available - to override app settings and make it avaiable
- unavailable - to override app settings and make it unavailable
- predefined - to override app settings and make it predefined
Read the Knowledge Base aritcle on Intermedia AppID: Supported Applications for more information.
- Click on Create to add the group
Note: if the user is a member of several groups, their app availability setting is set to the highest and can be looked up under Users > user name > Details.
To manage settings for existing group navigate to Services > AppID > Groups and click on the display name of the group.
The following settings can be changed for the group:
- group dashboard settings
The setting determines the dashboard setting for all existing and new applications for a group. It is recommended that Unchanged is selected and that individual application settings are changed if required.
Note: any changes made on this tab will override any previously setup custom settings.
- app dashboard settings
You can modify default dashboard setting for a particular application for a group by clicking on the current setting in the Group settings column next to the app name.
- group credentials
You can assign credentials to a group, edit or unassign them by navigating to the Dashboard settings tab and clicking Manage credentials next to the app name.
Read the Managing group credentials section for more information.
Example 1: all applications except App1 and App2 need to retain default app dashboard setting. App1 needs to be available for the group. App2 needs to be predefined.
- On the General tab, select Unchanged and click Save Changes
- On the Dashboard settings tab, change the setting to Available for App1 and Predefined for App2.
Example 2: all aplications except App1, App2 and App3 need to be predefined for a group. App1, App2 and App3 need to be unavailable:
- On the General tab, select Predefined and click Save Changes
- On the Dashboard settings tab, change the setting to Unavailable for App1, App2 and App3.
To manage group credentials, navigate to the Dashboard settings tab and click Manage credentials next to the app name.
- to assign credentials to the group, click Assign new credentials and enter Login, Password and Name on end-user dashboard (how the account will look like in the end-user dashboard)
- to edit existing credentials, click Edit and modify the credentials
- to unassing credentials from the group, click Unassign > Unassign