Outlook 2016 supports Exchange 2010 or higher email accounts. If you have Exchange 2007 mailbox please use Outlook 2011 client.
Note: Outlook 2016 requires Mac OS X 10.10 operating system or later. Outlook 2016 can be installed and used alongside with Office/Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Note: we recommend creating a new profile before setting up a new account. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Manage Outlook 2016 For Mac Profiles for more information.
- Open Outlook and navigate to Menu Bar > Tools > Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, click the plus sign '+' in the lower left-hand corner and choose Exchange.
- In the new window, fill in the following fields, then click on Add Account.
- E-mail address: Enter primary email address (UPN) for your Exchange mailbox.
- Method: Select User Name and Password.
- User name: Enter your primary email address.
- Password: Enter your mailbox password.
Outlook will attempt to determine settings for your Exchange account automatically.
If this is successful you will see a prompt as below. Select the option 'Always use my response for this server' and click on Allow.
If Outlook is not able to get the automatic configuration settings it will prompt you for the server name. To find out the correct server name:
In HostPilot, navigate to Home > Exchange servers and settings > Exchange proxy setting. Use it to create server name of the format:
https://west.exchXXX.serverdata.net/EWS/Exchange.asmx where west.exchXXX.serverdata.net is your Exchange Proxy Setting and west. or east. depends on your Default Exchange Server.
Note: If you would like Outlook 2016 to be able to automatically configure Exchange accounts you need to set up an Autodiscover Record for your domain name.