TimeWarner Arris TG1672
- SIP ALG is enabled by default.
- DNS relay/proxying can cause the above issue as well however by default DNS relay is disabled, but if it was turned on it must be disabled.
- We need more information on this router to find out if the other basic router requirements can be applied to this router.
- Please contact Intermedia Voice Technical Support so we can better document other necessary changes that need to be made to this router.
- TimeWarner Arris TG1672 v.1 is vulnerable to PixieDust attack and can be locked out immediately by TimeWarner if under attack.
- Log into the router
- Go to Firewall > ALG
- Uncheck SIP ALG
- Check Allow ICMP Ping
- The remaining steps are only needed if you have or plan to purchase Polycom phones:
Reboot all phones, computers, and other devices on the network to clear their DNS cache & reconnect.
- Go to LAN Setup > Check the DNS Override box enter:
- Primary DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Enable DNS Relay: Uncheck
- You may need to manually flush the DNS cache on your Windows computers using the command below from Command Prompt:
- ipconfig /flushdnsYou will need to save changes andReboot all phones, computers, and other devices on the network to clear their DNS cache & reconnect.