When a message reaches the HostPilot® Control Panel mail filters, Advanced Email Security runs the following tests:
- Checks if the sender is in the Advanced Email Security Safe or Blocked Senders list. Messages from whitelisted senders will be delivered, messages from blacklisted senders will not be.
You can modify Safe/Blocked Senders lists if you're using Advanced Email Security.
Note: this feature availability depends on your plan.
- Scan for viruses using the antivirus service.
- Check for spam rating using SpamAssassin and CloudMark solutions.
Note: Blacklists have priority over whitelists. This means that if the sender's domain (somedomain.com) is
Unless the sender/sender's domain is whitelisted, a message will have a SpamScore. Depending on the score
- Inbox folder (if the SpamScore is less than Deliver to Inbox limit)
- Junk Email folder (if the SpamScore is between Deliver to Inbox limit and Move to Junk limit)
- not delivered (if the SpamScore exceeds Permanently Delete limit)
Note: Advanced Email Security only checks incoming mail from external recipients. Internal mail isn't scanned by Advanced Email Security. Therefore, there is no need to whitelist your own domain name.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Advanced Email Security For Exchange for more information.
Important: such files are still could be sent inside the arc,
Note: to enable dangerous attachments blocking, contact Technical Support.