A Hunt Group is an automated way of handling calls coming in to your organization. When callers dial a phone number that is assigned to a Hunt Group, their calls are automatically distributed to a group of agents who are prepared to answer calls.
Agents are users who are members of a Hunt Group. Each Hunt Group can have any number of agents. Agents cannot change their own Hunt Group membership or Hunt Group settings. However, agents do need to log in to a Hunt Group in My Services so they can receive calls for the Hunt Group. Read the Knowledge Base article on How do I take calls in a Hunt Group? for more information.
In order to participate as a Hunt Group agent, a user must:
- Have Hosted PBX service enabled and a phone configured.
- Have an extension assigned.
- Be assigned to the Hunt Group as a member.
- Log in to the Hunt Group.
To set up a Hunt Group, you need to:
- Create the Hunt Group. Note: You should either assign a phone number to the HG in order to receive calls directly to it or add HG to your Auto Attendant routing.
- Add agents to the Hunt Group.
- Assign a phone number to the Hunt Group.
- Set up Email for Voicemail, enable call recording, specify how your HG will behave to both your callers and your agents.
- Set up Notifications for both Voicemail and Call recording.
- Set up Menu Options to provide alternate routing destinations for use in your HG.
- Set up Greetings for both Agents and callers.
Note: You can create one Hunt Group for your account as part of your plan. You may create additional Hunt Groups for an additional charge.
- Navigate to Services > Hosted PBX > Hunt Groups.
- Click the New group button.
- Enter the Hunt Group settings:
- Hunt Group Name: Choose a meaningful name for the group, for example, Sales or Customer Service.
- Extension: Type 3-6 digit extension that is not assigned to a user or Hunt Group.
- Ringing Order: Select the way calls will be distributed among agents.
- Longest Idle: An incoming call goes to the agent who has not been on the phone for the longest period of time.
- Round-Robin: Distributes the calls evenly by rotating the group member whose extension is tried first, then searching down the list in sequential order.
- Ring-All: Sends the incoming call to all of the group members whose extensions are available for a call.
- Sequential: Sends the call to the first free member of the list that is lowest on the list from top to bottom.
- When you click Create, you will see a window with information about charges to your account for this Hunt Group. Click Confirm. Now you will see the new Hunt Group name listed on the Hunt Groups tab, and you can open it for editing.
You can manage additional parameters of the Hunt Group that you have created.
- assign an existing phone number to the Hunt Group or buy a new one. Note: This steps is optional.
- enable Call Recording by just selecting the checkbox Allow call recording and entering the email address for records. Note: This feature is only available if Call Recording is enabled on the account.
- specify how your Hunt Group will behave to both your callers and your agents:
- Max callers on hold: In case if this parameter exceeds the caller will hear a message, which you can choose. It can be custom, default or none.
- Agent wrap-up time: The number of seconds an agent is considered "unavailable" after hanging up the phone. Calls will not be directed to the agent during this time. This allows the agent to make notes and prepare for the next call.
- Hunt next agent after: The period of time after which the call will be directed to the next agent of the Hunt Group.
- Unanswered idle time: The period of time an Agent will be temporarily removed from Hunt Group call routing if a call from the Hunt Group is not answered by the Agent.
- HG timeout: Specify rule the call should be routed if there are no HG members available to answer the phone call. Click Enable, specify the number of seconds after which the call will follow the specified rule, choose the destination for a call:
Menu Tab: Menu options provide a means to create alternate routing destinations for use in your Hunt Groups. These alternate destinations may be accessed at any time while interacting with the Hunt Group, such as while on hold and before an agent answers the phone call. Note: It is vital you mention these routing options in your initial greeting, repeating message and/or music on hold. Click on the Set option associated with the button and choose the destination.
- Max callers on hold
- Music on hold
- Repeating message
- Timeout message
Types of greetings for the Hunt Group members:
- Login to Hunt Group
- Logout from Hunt Group
- Click on Add new agent> Select from the list or use the Search field, then click the Add button. They are added to the list of agents at the bottom of the page. You can move the agents in the list to determine the order in which agents will receive the calls. Note: agent order does not have any effect on ring-all and longest idle Hunt Groups.
- To enter the names, you can type full display names or email addresses and click the Check icon.
- Click on Log in next to an agent and he will become available for calls in the HG.
- Click on Log out to make the agent temporarily unavailable for calls to this Hunt Group.
- Note: the agents can also log in or log out to/from hunt groups using My Services or directly from their phones.
Choose the date and the agent you wish to view the report for.
You will see different reports depending on your selection.
|Hunt Group Report:
Call Statistics Report:
On hold time Report:
Talk time Report:
Call length time Report:
Talk time Report:
Max time logged in Report:
Active calls Report:
Average call information Report:
Agent logs Report:
Active calls Report per agent: