Note: sending as a Distribution List doesn't work in Outlook 2016.
Once the permissions to send as a distribution list have been granted to your mailbox, you will need to set up the Send As ability for the user in Outlook 2011.
- In Outlook 2011, go to Tools > Accounts, click on the + button at the bottom of the accounts list, and select E-mail to add an email account:
- Enter account information. When you have filled in all the information, click Add Account:
- Enter the email address of the distribution list and the password for your own mailbox
- For the
User name, use your mailbox address
- To find the Incoming server and Outgoing server settings, navigate to HostPilot > Get started > Advanced settings:
- In the newly created account, click on More Options under Outgoing server:
- In the Authentication field, select User Name and Password
- Enter your email address and password. Click OK:
- Click Advanced, then switch to the Folders tab. For the Store sent messages in this folder option, select Sent Items (On My Computer):
Now that you have set up the delegate permissions, you will be able to select the primary mailbox or the distribution list as the sender address when composing a message. To do this, create a new message, click on the arrow next to the From field, and select the desired sender address from the list: