To import Apple Mail messages, accounts, rules and signatures:
- Make sure that the Apple Mail application is closed.
- In Outlook, go to File > Import.
- Click on 'Information from another application', then click on the right arrow.
- Select Apple Mail, then click on the right arrow.
- Select the type of items that you want to import, click on the right arrow, and click on Finish.
Note: Outlook 2011 for Mac doesn't import Exchange accounts from Apple Mail.
To import Apple iCal events and to-do items:
- In iCal, go to File > Export > Export.
- In the Save as field, enter a name for the exported file.
- On the Where pop-up menu, select a location to save the file in, then click on Export.
- In Outlook 2011 for Mac, at the bottom of the navigation pane, click on Calendar.
- In the Finder, locate the .ics file and drag it to the Outlook Calendar grid or list.
Note: Outlook 2011 for Mac can only import iCal events that are saved in .ics format, not in .icbu (iCal Archive) format.
In Outlook the to-do items appear as tasks.
Note: Categories created for Calendar items in iCal are not imported into Outlook 2011. If you had any items categorized, you will need to check the box next to 'Uncategorized' on the left pane for them to show up.
To import Apple Address Book contacts:
- In the Apple Address Book, select the contacts that you want to export and drag the selection to the desktop. The contacts are saved as a vCard file.
- In Outlook 2011 for Mac, at the bottom of the navigation pane, click on Contacts.
- Drag the vCard file from the desktop to the Contacts item list.
Note: Contact groups in the Apple Address Book are converted to categories in Outlook.