This article explains how to set up ActiveSync service on your mobile phone running Windows Phone 7.
1. You need to enable ActiveSync for the user in HostPilot.
Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Activate ActiveSync Service For The User? for more information.
2. We strongly recommend creating an Autodiscover record before setup.
Read the Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It? for more information.
3. You can find the specific settings for your domain on the corresponding page in HostPilot > Services> ActiveSync or in My Services > ActiveSync. You will need to enter these settings on the phone during the setup process.
4. Set up ActiveSync on the device. If this is the first email account on the phone, click the Email Setup icon. Otherwise, go to Settings > Email & Accounts > Add an account.
If Autodiscover exists:
- Choose Outlook.
- Enter your username and password. You can find your username in HostPilot (see step 3).
- The device will pull the necessary information and start synchronizing automatically.
If Autodiscover does not exist:
- Choose Advanced Setup.
- Type your email address and password.
- Click Exchange ActiveSync. Here you can choose folders to sync, along with other options. You can find all the necessary settings in HostPilot (see step 3).
- Click Sign In. An icon with the account name will appear on the home screen, replacing the Email Setup icon.
- To remove an account, go to Settings > Email & Accounts, press and hold the account and select Delete.