Message bodies disappearing in Outlook is a known issue of two commonly used antivirus
- A message arrives in the Exchange mailbox and is synchronized with Outlook.
- The AVG or NOD32 add-in, which is added to Outlook automatically if you have the software installed, deletes the message body.
- The message is then synchronized with the server, so it is also synchronized with OWA and with wireless devices.
To prevent this from happening, you need to remove the AVG or NOD32 add-in in Outlook.
Note: This solution will not restore message texts that have already been deleted. The add-ins mentioned here both delete message bodies permanently.
Also, there are other Outlook issues which could be caused by antivirus add-ins. For example, when sending messages they can come back undeliverable with no header.
To remove an add-in:
- Outlook 2007: Tools > Trust Center > Add-ins
Outlook 2010/2013/2016: File > Options > Add-ins
- In the Manage field choose COM add-ins and click Go
- Highlight an add-in and click Remove