This article describes managing Office 365 products purchased from Intermedia. Availability depends on your billing plan.
Your Office 365 account comes with default domain company.onmicrosoft.com where the company is your account name. You can use email addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org for Office Apps and Exchange services. You can also add you own domain like mycompany.com and setup users like email@example.com. This article describes the process of adding your own domain name to Office 365.
To add your own domain to Office 365:
- Sign in to Office 365 with your admin credentials.
- Navigate to admin center.
- Click Domains > Add Domain.
- Type in the domain name> click Next button
- To verify that you own the domain you need to
setupa TXT record listed on the page. Click step-by-step instructions link to get instructions for your DNS hosting provider. Click Verify, once you have set up the record:
- When validation of TXT record happens correctly you should see Update DNS settings screen. Select Skip this step checkbox and click Verify button to proceed.
- The next screen will display the DNS records that you need to setup for your domain in order to start using Office 365 for email. You need to create MX record, 2 CNAME
recordsand a TXT record. Use Select your DNS host link to see instructions for adding DNS records for your DNS hosting provider. Select Skip this test if you use custom DNS setup and click Verify button.
- Once the records are verified you will see the confirmation window saying You're all set up. Now you can setup users with your domain name. Read the Knowledge Base article on How To Add Users On Office 365 for more information