This article applies to POP/IMAP mailboxes on Exchange accounts only.
Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Configure Mac Mail To Connect To POP/IMAP Mailbox? for Web Hosting and Custom Email accounts.
Important: to guarantee service security, we are enforcing high-grade encryption level for sending emails via POP/IMAP mailboxes. SSLv2 and SSLv3 are no longer supported. Verify that your mail clients/mobile devices are using the latest software
Important: We strongly recommend to use the IMAP protocol instead of POP protocol as POP protocol is considered to be outdated and can cause the performance issues for your mailbox.
To configure Mac Mail to connect to a POP/IMAP mailbox:
- In Mac Mail, go to Mail > Add Account > Add Other Mail Account > Continue
- Input your Full name, Primary Email address and Password of the POP/IMAP mailbox:
- Enter the required information in the Incoming Mail Server window:
- Select Account Type (POP or IMAP)
- Input Incoming Mail Server (you can find this information on the HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Mailboxes > POP/IMAP Email page, click the View Instructions button at the top of the page)
- Input Outgoing Mail Server (you can find this information on the HostPilot > Services > Mailboxes > POP/IMAP Email page, click the View Instructions button at the top of the page).
- User Name: Your Primary Email address
- Password: Your POP/IMAP mailbox password
- Click Sign In.
- Select the apps you want to sync Continue, click Done.