This article applies to POP/IMAP mailboxes on Exchange accounts only.
Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Configure Mac Mail To Connect To POP/IMAP Mailbox? for Web Hosting and Custom Email accounts.
Important: to guarantee service security, we are enforcing high-grade encryption level for sending emails via POP/IMAP mailboxes. SSLv2 and SSLv3 are no longer supported. Verify that your mail clients/mobile devices are using the latest software
To configure Mac Mail to connect to a POP/IMAP mailbox:
- In Mac Mail, go to Mail > Add Account > Add Other Mail Account > Continue
- Input your Full name, Primary Email address and Password of the POP/IMAP mailbox:
- Enter the required information in the Incoming Mail Server window:
- Select Account Type (POP or IMAP)
- Input Incoming Mail Server (you can find this information on the HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Mailboxes > POP/IMAP Email page, click the View Instructions button at the top of the page)
- Input Outgoing Mail Server (you can find this information on the HostPilot > Services > Mailboxes > POP/IMAP Email page, click the View Instructions button at the top of the page).
- User Name: Your Primary Email address
- Password: Your POP/IMAP mailbox password
- Click Sign In.
- Select the apps you want to sync Continue, click Done.