This article describes common steps that should be done on Intermedia side for integration of your Exchange account objects like contacts and calendar items with third party CRM system.
Note: this article doesn't cover the billing integration.
The Exchange Server settings and requirements for your CRM system should be provided by CRM support.
CRM integration may require Autodiscover DNS record to be set up for your account. Read more in our Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It?
- Create an Exchange mailbox with address CWadmin@yourdomain.com that will act as the service account.
- CWadmin@yourdomain.com needs to have full access to all users mailboxes. Administrator can grant full access permissions manually via HostPilot. For step by step instructions, read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable Send As Or Full Access Permissions On An Exchange Account?
- In HostPilot create a Top Level Public Folder titled as companyID on the ConnectWise side.
For step by step instructions read our Knowledge Base article on How To Create And Manage A Shared Calendar In Public Folders On Exchange
- Set Publishing Editor permissions to Top level folder for CWadmin@yourdomain.com and your mailbox. For step by step instructions read our Knowledge Base article on Managing Permissions For Public Folders
- In your Outlook create a subfolder under previously created Top-level public folder titled ConnectWise
- In Outlook create a subfolder under the ConnectWise folder titled CompanyContacts
Grant Owner permissions for CWadmin@yourdomain.com to the subfolders ConnectWise and CompanyContacts
- Create an Exchange mailbox that will act as the service account.
- Grant the service mailbox Full Access permissions to all Exchange users that should be integrated with CRM. For example, if a user SalesForceUser is used as a service account and UserA and UserB need to be integrated, grant SalesForceUser Full Access permissions to UserA and UserB.
Note: if Full Access permissions are not sufficient for the integration, contact Support to request Application Impersonation rights for the service mailbox. Charges may be applied.