The information described below will cover a basic setup of SharePoint Foundation 2010 on your Exchange 2010 account.
The installation and configuration of SharePoint is a multi-step process consisting of:
- Step 1. SharePoint Installation
- Step 2. SharePoint Configuration
- Step 3. Adding users to SharePoint site
- Step 4. Enabling Anonymous access
- Step 5. Advanced SharePoint configuration
To install SharePoint Foundation 2010, log into HostPilot® Control Panel and navigate to Services > SharePoint. Specify the amount of Disk Space you would like to use for the site; SharePoint owner (the administrative user who has full permissions to access the site by default), site name and site description. After clicking Install SharePoint, you can modify the following options:
After SharePoint is installed you can log into the site using the SharePoint owner's email address and password. The site will prompt you to choose a template. You can preview the templates in MS Office Knowledge Base article.
For users to access the site you need to add them both to HostPilot and to the site itself. Refer to the following articles for instructions:
Anonymous access is not enabled by default for SharePoint 2010 sites. To enable anonymous access read the Knowledge Base article on How to set up access to a SharePoint 2010 sub-site for anonymous users.
There are a lot of ways you can use the SharePoint Foundation 2010 to quickly create many types of sites where you can collaborate on Web pages, documents, lists, calendars, and data. Refer to the following Knowledge Base articles for advanced configuration:
- SharePoint Workspace 2010
- How do I synchronize SharePoint 2010 Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Document Library with Outlook 2007/2010?
- How do I open my SharePoint 2010 library in Windows Explorer?
- How do I create a WebDav connection to my Hosted SharePoint site?
Common SharePoint 2010 issues
- SharePoint 2010 mail-enabled list doesn't receive incoming emails from external senders
- Our SharePoint items seem to be created and modified in the Pacific Time Zone. How do we update SharePoint 2010 to reflect our time zone?
- Is it possible to access a SharePoint document library using OWA 2007/2010?
Note: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 supports several commonly used Web browsers. The browser compatibility for published sites are described in the Microsoft article on Plan browser support (SharePoint Server 2010). We strongly recommend to only use Google Chrome on iOS devices to avoid authentication issues.