Important: this article applies only for accounts on 2013/2016 Exchange plan.
This article describes how to configure Skype for Business client on Windows. Skype for Business service needs to be enabled for the user first. Read our Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable Skype For Business For A User? for more information.
- Navigate to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > Skype For Business > Instructions > Skype for Business 2016
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit version
- Download and install Skype for Business.
- Automatic Setup: If Intermedia hosts your DNS Skype for Business client can be configured automaticaly once user enters his credentials.
- Manual Setup:
- Launch Skype for Business.
- Click Show Menu arrow next to the gear icon in the top right and select Tools > Options > Personal.
- Enter the email address into Sign-in address field and click Advanced button.
- Select Manual configuration.
- Specify the server name, which you can find in HostPilot > Services > Skype For Business > Instructions> Server Name.
- Click OK.
Note: if you had Lync 2013 installed on your PC, you can install Skype for Business 2016 over Lync.
Note: For Exchange 2013 accounts on EXCH080, EXCH081, EXCH082 and EXCH580, use lyncsip.exchXXX.serverdata.net
For Exchange 2013 accounts on EXCH083 and Exchange 2016 accounts, use skypesip.exchXXX.serverdata.net
For Exchange 2013 accounts on EXCH084, use sip.exch084.serverdata.net.