This article is used to provide information about the features and functionality of the Jabra Pro 9460 Wireless headset.
- Powering on the headset
- Connecting the Base to the phone via Headset Port
- Connecting the Base to the phone via USB Cable
- Initial Setup
- How to Configure the Base Via Touchscreen (After initial configuration)
ONE HEADSET FOR ALL PHONES
Take every call on the same headset. Connects to your desk phone, mobile, and softphone - all at the same time. Manage multiple calls through an industry-first, user-friendly touch screen*. Also comes with a SmartSetup wizard that guides you through the connection process.
OUTSTANDING AUDIO QUALITY
Best-in-class noise cancellation and acoustic protection. Your calls will sound great - even in the noisiest of offices.
- Noise Blackout: Earphones and microphone are specially designed to eliminate background noise.
- Digital Signal Processing and HD Voice make your calls more intelligible and lifelike.
- SafeTone technology automatically counters unexpected spikes in volume and protects your ears.
TRUE WIRELESS FREEDOM
Wireless DECT technology lets you roam up to 150 meters away from your desk without dropping the call. Answer and end calls remotely while multitasking around the office.
- See referenced video on providing power to the headset found HERE.
- Charge the headset for a few hours before setting up and using.
This type of desk phone has a dedicated headset port (usually at the back of the phone). These phones typically have a button on the front panel for switching between handset and headset.
- Plug the supplied telephone cable into the port marked with a blue telephone on the base.
- Connect the telephone cable to the headset port on the desk phone.
- See referenced video on powering Headset found HERE.
*Important Note: If Skype for Business and Bria are applications simulaneously running on your PC, you will have to choose the application that will be using your headset. Testing found that there are issues with both Applications competing to use the headset as their input device, thus creating issues with headset use. Exit one application or the other when using this headset for a soft phone client.
- Choose Language: (English/Español/Francais)
- "Thank you for choosing a Jabra Product" Press " > " (Next)
- Connect to a desk phone? Press "Yes"
- Do you prefer a guided or Manual Desk phone setup? Press "Manual"
- Select Adapter. Press "None"
- "Locate clear dial-tone switch on base" Press " > " (Next)
- "Set clear dial-tone switch" Press " > " (Next)
- "Set microphone level" (Select 1-13 based on preference) after Press " > " (Next)
- "Please close the lid" Press " > " (Next)
- "Congratulations, desk phone setup complete. Press " > " (Next)
- "Connect to softphone (PC)?" Press Yes/No based on preference.
- "Would you like to set personal preferences?" Press Yes/No based on preference.
- "Settings can be changed by touching the tool icon" Press " > " (Next)
- "Jabra PC Suite enables you to configure yoru headset and keep your headset updates. Jabra PC Suite can be installed from the CD. Press " > " (Next)
- "Do you want to have an introduction to the headset controls? (Recommended). Press Yes/No based on preference.
- "Congratulations, setup complete. The base will restart to apply settings. Press " X " (Finish)
Settings Button (Wrench - located Top Right)
- Enable Recording
- (Default disabled)
- Screen Brightness
- (Default 5) (-/+)
- Screen Dimmer timeout
- (Default 60 seconds) (-/+)
- Touchscreen click sounds
- (Default Medium) (-/+)
- (Default English) (English/Espanol/Francais)
- Wireless Range
- (Default Normal) (Very Low/Low/Normal)
- Headset Intro
- “Please note during headset introduction you are unable to make or receive calls. The base will restart after headset introduction.”
- (Default PeakStop) (0-4 Hours/4-8 hours/8+ hours/TT4 Austrailia)
- Voice Announcements
- (Default English Voice) (Off - tones only)
- Enable Mute reminder tone
- (Default Enabled)
- Enable touch volume control
- (Default Enabled)
- Enable Touch Mute control
- (Default Enabled)
- Desk Phone
- Base Ringtone Volume
- Set base-speaker volume for des phone ringtones
- (Off Default) (-/+)
- Connect Soft Phone (PC)
- Setup Wizard
- Reset Configuration
- Once selected, the current headset will be unpaired from the base
- To Pair a headset to a base, simply place the unpaired headset on the base to re-sync.
- Any further issues can be found at Jabra support found HERE.