- Log into the Polycom web configuration page. Read the Knowledge Base article on Configuring a Polycom SoundPoint IP phone for Hosted PBX for information on how to login there.
- Click on General tab.
- Click on Time.
- Under Synchronization section enter the following:
- SNTP Server: enter pool.ntp.org.
- GMT Offset: enter the offset for your time zone, i.e. -5 for EST or -8 for PST
- SNTP Resync Period: 86400
You also have the option to configure daylight savings.
Once you have entered this information, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "submit" and the phone will restart. Once the device has restarted, the device time should be accurate.
- Log into the Linksys web configuration page. Read the Knowledge Base article on Configuring a Cisco SPA phone for Hosted PBX for information on how to login there.
- Navigate to Admin Login > Advanced > System > Optional Network Configuration > Primary NTP Server
- Primary NTP Server: enter pool.ntp.org (or time.nist.gov, or time.windows.com). You can also enter a Secondary NTP server:
- Click Submit All Changes at the bottom of the page.
To configure Daylight Saving Time:
- Navigate to Regional > Miscellaneous
- Enter the following values:
- Set Local Date (mm/dd): Erase/leave empty (should be picked from NTP server or SIP Date Header afterwards)
- Set Local Time (HH/mm): Erase/leave empty (should be picked from NTP server or SIP Date Header afterwards)
- Time Zone: your time zone
- Time Offset (HH/mm): Erase/leave empty
- Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/8/7/02:0:0;end=11/1/7/02:0:0;save=1
- Daylight Saving Enable: yes