Make sure that Skype for Business Secure Chat and Conferencing is enabled for the user you are going to setup. If not then you will need to enable it first. Read our Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable Skype For Business For A User? for more information.
Note: Lync Mobile 2010 is not supported on iOS 11.
To set up device:
- Install mobile client for Lync on the device.
- Launch application and input the following settings:
- Sign-in Address: Email address for the mailbox you want to set up.
- Password: Mailbox password.
- User Name: Email address for the mailbox you want to set up.
- Auto-Detect Server: OFF
Read the Knowledge Base article on Lync Mobile Auto-Detect Server Feature for instructions on turning Auto-Detect Server feature ON.
- Input External Discovery URL and Internal Discovery URL. You can find them in:
- for admins: HostPilot > Services > Skype for Business > Instructions
- for users: My Services > Collaboration & File Management > Skype for Business
Note: Microsoft implementation of push notifications for Lync makes them impossible in the hosted environment. The issue is to be resolved by Microsoft.