The VMWare Console plugin allows you to connect to the server’s console. This is a special Remote Session and can be considered as direct connection to the server. Once you have installed the VMWare Plugin for your web browser and have problems connecting, try the steps below.
In Internet Explorer, VMWare prompts to allow displaying content, yet it is not ‘Connected’ and there is no image.
This can happen as the VMWare plugin will want to open content outside of Protected mode. You need to add the page as a Trusted Site within Internet Explorer. To do this, take the following steps:
- Click the Tools button > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab > highlight Trusted sites > click Sites.
- In the Add this website to the zone put "https://exchange.intermedia.net/ControlPanel/Login?ClientType=ControlPanel" > click Close.
- Click Apply > OK.
Re-launch the console. You should be able to connect properly.
In FireFox, VMWare shows ‘Connected’, but there is no image.
Be aware that the VMWare Plugin may work slowly. If FireFox is showing ‘Connected’, please wait a minute to ensure that the stream is not showing up. If after a minute you still do not see a stream image, ensure that you have the latest versions of Flash Player and Java installed to your machine. To check this refer to the next part of this article.
If the Console plugin shows a black screen when you open it you can try the following solutions:
- Run your web-browser as Administrator.
- Add https://controlpanel.msoutlookonline.net to the Trusted Sites.
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options.
- Click Security tab, highlight Trusted sites and click Sites.
- Type in the field "https://exchange.intermedia.net/ControlPanel/Login?ClientType=ControlPanel" without the quotes and click Add.
- Click Close > Apply > OK to save changes.
- Review the VMWare Browser Support for your Operating System.