You can use PC Backup with Server license to back up files from a Network drive. Please read the Knowledge Base article on The difference between Desktop and Server licenses for more information.
- To enable PC Backup for a user with Server license, navigate to HostPilot® Control Panel > Services > PC Backup, click Display Name of a user, then click Add new machine on Edit selected user page and select Server type of license:
- Download, install and activate PC Backup for this license. You can find the information in the "Getting Started" email.
- Navigate to Settings in PC Backup and click File System Tab.
- Right-click on Computer and click Add network share:
- Mount (or connect to) the drive using your credentials:
- Now you can back up files from the Network drive.
Note: If you want to back up files to a Network drive, read the Knowledge Base article on How To Back Up Files To A Network Drive Using PC Backup to find the instructions.