Follow the steps described in this article to update your Cisco IP phone.
Fisrt you need to download the latest firmware from Cisco for your phones.
- Go to the Cisco web-site.
- Where it says Make a selection to continue click the following:
Products > Voice and Unified Communications> IP Telephony > Unified Communications Endpoints.
- Select your phone series and the exact model type. On the Select a Software Type click IP Telephone Firmware, click the download button and save the file to your local computer.
Inside the ZIP file you will find an application with a naming variation of spa50x-30x-7-4-9c.exe or a BIN file depending on the phone model:
- If you have downloaded the application run that file from a computer that is on the same network as the phone you are upgrading. Enter the IP address of your phone, and follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
- Some devices, such as the SPA525g, do not include an upgrade application, only a BIN file.
- Extract the BIN file to your desktop or another easy to access location.
- Open the web management page for the phone and navigate to Firmware Upgrade > Firmware Upgrade Window > Browse:
- Browse the BIN file you saved earlier, click Submit to start the upgrade:
- Once completed the phone will be upgraded and can be verified by checking the Software version under Product Information on the Info tab of the web management page.