Follow the steps described in this article to update your Cisco IP phone.
- Go to the Cisco web-site.
- Go to Products > Collaboration Endpoints > IP Phones.
- Select your phone series and the exact model type. On the
Selecta Software Type clickIP Telephone Firmware, click the download button and save the file to your local computer.
Inside the ZIP file you will find an application with a naming variation of spa50x-30x-7-4-9c.exe or a BIN file depending on the phone model:
- If you have downloaded the application run that file from a computer that is on the same network as the phone you are upgrading. Enter the IP address of your phone, and follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
- Some devices, such as the SPA525g, do not include an upgrade application, only a BIN file.
- Extract the BIN file to your desktop or another easy to access location.
- Open the web management page for the phone and navigate to Firmware Upgrade > Firmware Upgrade Window > Browse:
- Browse the BIN file you saved earlier, click Submit to start the upgrade:
- Once completed the phone will be upgraded and can be verified by checking the Software version under Product Information on the Info tab of the web management page.