This article describes how to set up CyberData LoudSpeaker to work with the Hosted PBX service. The setup is split into two parts: Get configuration information and Configuring Loud Speaker. To setup CyberData LoudSpeaker follow the steps below:
- Log in to HostPilot® Control Panel and navigate to Services > Hosted PBX > Manage Users > click on the Display Name of a user > click the Hosted PBX tab. On the current page you will see PBX Server Name.
- Click on the Phone Device to see Phone ID and phone Password.
Note: Each device has to be registered with the PBX using a unique Device ID. If a user would like to use multiple devices (e.g. multiple phones, softphone clients, etc.), the administrator will need to generate additional device IDs in the HostPilot. The administartor can add another device in HostPilot > Services > Hosted PBX > Manage Users > click on the Display Name of the user > Phones > Activate existing phone.
- Plug in the network cable into loud speaker. While the phone is initializing, it automatically finds the local DHCP server and gets its IP address.
- To obtain the IP address of your loud speaker, you can find it in your router/modem interface. The MAC address will show up associated with an IP address.
- On your computer, open a web browser and type the loud speaker IP address in the browser's address bar. In the login box, enter the admin credentials for the phone (default username: admin, password: admin). You will see the web interface for configuring the loud speaker.
- Click SIP Config on the menu and enter the following settings for SIP Configuration:
- In the SIP Server box, type the loud speaker PBX Server Name (as shown in the user settings in HostPilot or My Services).
- Under SIP Configuration, in both the SIP User ID and Authenticate ID boxes, type the Device ID (as shown in phone device settings in HostPilot or My Services).
- In the Authenticate Password box, type the loud speaker Password (as shown in phone device settings in HostPilot or My Services).
- Click Save and Reboot.l;';l';l